Monday, June 7, 2010

Mommy's Tiny Dancer at 25 Weeks.

My time being pregnant has been by far the most wonderful time in my life. I hear a lot of horror stories about women that have to deal with mind-blowing morning sickness, gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, etc..but not me. My Bella Bean has been so good to me. The only struggles I have had to face is getting used to a big growing belly. Naturally I know that a belly comes with growing a baby, but always being so petite and slender, it is definitely hard to adjust to none of my clothes fitting and only gaining weight in my tummy. I am always hearing how lucky I am that this is the only place I am gaining weight, so I am trying to keep that in mind. Feeling her dance as much as she does now makes me get over it a little easier, and my oh my does this little girl dance!
My favorite time of the day is when I first wake up in the morning. I have NEVER been a morning girl, and my family can agree with this, but now...each morning is so wonderful. She has her own routine, so she starts to wake me up with her little kicks about half hour before my alarm goes off. Then we get up and take our shower. Bella loves the hot water on my tummy and I feel her do little cart-wheels while I wash my hair. Then we try to quietly tip toe out of our bathroom, through the bedroom where her daddy is still sleeping. Once we get out to the living room, I put on a movie, and blow dry my hair so I can curl it. While my curling iron heats up, I brew our pot of decaf coffee, pour a cup, and take my place back on the floor in front of the mirror to start my hair and makeup. This is when we have our time to talk and play. I push on my tummy and she kicks back. I try to talk to her as much as I can so that she knows my voice and gets to know me even more than she already does. I tell her about her daddy and how excited he is for her to get here. I tell her how special she is, and that I have never been so madly in love with anyone..especially before I even met them. Once I know she is awake and alert, I sing to her.
Bella loves it when I sing. People might think that I am crazy for doing it or thinking that she likes hearing me sing, but every time I do she dances. Not kicks..DANCES! I sing her anything ranging from Jewel to Hootie and the Blowfish to Neil Diamond. But I must say, that when I sing her the song Tiny Dancer by Elton John, she reacts the most. She dances to all of them, but I sing her Tiny Dancer so much that when she hears it, she pulls out her best moves. This is my song for her.
Every year on my birthday, my mom plays me the song Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison and we dance. I am so excited to carry on this tradition with my baby girl, and I know that every year on a crisp September morning, I am going to get out of bed before she wakes up for school, and play that song as loud as I can through the house so I can pull her from her warm covers, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and we will dance. Cutting a rug will never have the same meaning to me anymore, because now I have the best dance partner in the world..she will always be the first girl on my dance card.

No comments:

Post a Comment