Monday, June 14, 2010

Your Daddy

Bella Bean,
You have so many people excited for your arrival, and already loving you so much. Between family and friends, you have quite the welcoming committee counting down the days until we can show you off for your big opening number. I think the person that is most anxious for you to get here is your Daddy. Of course, I am excited as your Mommy to have you here and hold you in my arms, but I am lucky because I get you all to myself all day long. I get to feel your little kicks and hiccups, not to mention your wild dance routines..so you are always with me..but your Daddy only gets to feel you once we get home from work and you wake up from your naps.
Let me tell you a little bit about your Daddy. First and foremost, he gave me you, and for that, he is the most precious person in my life aside from you. Your Daddy showed me what it means to love someone with no boundaries, and how to live every day with a purpose and a glow.
Daddy is one of the people who always knows how to make me laugh, no matter how hard I may have been crying only moments before. I think he is going to get lots and lots of giggles out of you. He loves to make people smile, and proves to all those around him that he is genuine at heart. Daddy gives lots of his closest friends advise, not because he wants to, but because they come to him for it. This is because he listens with is heart and not with his mind.
Your Daddy is a dreamer, and wild about chasing all of his ambitions with his eyes closed, once again following that heart of his. He is bright-eyed and willing to fall down as many times as he needs to in order to succeed. That is something that I hope you learn from him and carry on through out your life. No matter how scary things may seem, Baby, be sure to listen to your heart despite the deep waters. Your Daddy will help you hold your head high and nudge you along.
I wish you could see the way your Daddy's face lights up when he feels your little wiggles and dance routines. His eyes light up with all the stars in the sky, and he grins with all his might. You kick so hard when he talks to you and rubs my belly just the way you like it, and every time, his heart melts. He loves to talk to you and kiss you all over through my belly. Daddy calls you his Pandabell, his princess, his angel. He can't wait to spend his life taking care of you, loving you, spoiling you, and protecting you from any harm. He says he most looks forward to taking naps with you, having you curl up on his chest and just being safe in his arms. Daddy gushes about you to his friends and brags about how smart and strong you are getting each day that goes by. He has all of his friends promising to help him look out for you and keep the boys far far away. Oh little Bella..you have lots of watchful eyes on you, and you are so surrounded with undying love.
I want you to have a close relationship with your Daddy, Bella. I want you to rely on him with anything that you have on your plate, good or bad. Laugh with him, play with him, learn from him. Fight wiht him, cry with him, and at the end of the day, dance with him Bella. I'm sure there will be days where you two are furious with each other, but always remember that he is the only Daddy you will ever have and a bond between a father and his baby girl is like no other bond out there. Without him, my litte Bella, there would be no you and I can't imagine this world without something as perfect and beautiful as you.
There are the basics about your Daddy, but there is so much more for you to get to know about him, and I cannot wait to watch your relationship with him blossom. He is the number one man in my life, and I know that he will be the same in yours unitl that day that he has to give you away to the person you want to spend your life with. But even then, Baby..promise you will save the best dance for him.

1 comment: