Thursday, June 3, 2010

Our Little Surprise

Our little Isabella was definitely a surprise to us. I didn't experience any kind of morning sickness so I didn't have much sign that she was even in there. It was our dear friend Marrianne who noticed that I wasn't fitting into my regular size while I was trying on dresses to wear to our engagement party at her boutique. My tummy had grown a teeny little pooch but it was my bust that really wasn't cooperating and while trying to smash them into this to-die-for dress they were incredibly tender. I just figured I was finally filling out (THANK GOD) since I have always been so petite and slender, but not Marrianne. She knew, and she wasn't afraid to scream it at the top of her lungs. Spencer and I in no way thought I could be pregnant, but Marrianne wanted us to prove her wrong and go buy a test if we were so sure that we weren't pregnant. I am a very stubborn person (although I prefer the word feisty) and rarely refuse a challenge, so it was off to Walmart we went.
We laughed through out the entire purchase of the tests, and were still laughing on our way back home. There was just no way that I was having a baby. I rarely even ovulated! This was just crazy. So the plan was to take the stupid tests, prove our friend wrong, and then get ready to go out for the night.
We got home and I went straight to our bathroom, turned on my curling iron so I could get ready to go out, and decided I might as well just pee on this little stick. I got the job done, and it said to give it 3-5 minutes for the digital results to appear. I put on the cap to give it some thinking time, but a big clear PREGNANT came across the screen instantly. There was no wait time involved. Stunned, I yelled some profanity to Spencer and told him I was pregnant. I couldn't stop laughing. He was in the bathroom with me quicker than he has ever moved before, and told me to start drinking some orange juice because I was going to take the other tests. I drank and drank, and then it was time for the truth..I took the other test and again, it was an instant result. PREGNANT, loud and clear. We were expecting a baby!!!
After all was said and done, we stood in our hallway and just stared at each other. Neither one of us could stop smiling, and then the tears starting flowing..the happiest tears either one of us had ever cried. I snuggled in his arms and we just basked in this overwhelming love we just found. I turned off that curling iron, put on my slippers, and just wanted to be home in our nest, with my wonderful man and this beautiful little surprise we created growing in my belly. This was the greatest gift that Spencer had ever given me..the gift of being a Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. grinning... surprises are always fun. Carlie and Tay were both surprises... and I love them as much as I love you.

    ReplyDelete