Monday, June 28, 2010

Bella's big party

My baby shower was beautiful. So, so beatuiful. June 26th ended up being a GORGEOUS day to be in the park celebrating a little Bella that is quickly on her way. I had a cake of lavender, delicate pink roses and balloons, and princess tissue paper everywhere. You could feel Bella's little bedazzle all around us.
There was enough food to feed a village, or in other words, a VERY pregnant woman and all of her dainty friends. The main dish I wanted was fried chicken (how classy) and I had several different kinds of salads including my mom's candy caramel apple salad, and my mother-in-law's famous potato salad. YUM! There was also fresh fruit and veggies to munch on in the hot sun, and the perfect pink lemonade. I was in heaven, and so were all my guests.
I was delighted to see all of my closest friends and family around me and excited to celebrate our Bella. Spencer's grandma came and it was precious to have her come to me and whisper how excited she was. My belly had hands covering it all day, and Bella got a little shy..I was hoping she would but on a dance recital for everyone to feel, but all the new voices kept her pretty quiet. We talked, and laughed, and daydreamed about Bella. Who would she look like? How much would she weigh when she is born? Imagining all the fun things we would do for her. It warmed my heart to have such a big group of people excited over MY little girl. She so incredibly loved.
Bella got spoiled and everyone really put a lot of thought and love in their kind words and and pretty wrapped gifts. I kept all of the cards that came with the gifts and I am going to put them in her baby book. Getting all of these lovely things for her really made me realize how much she needs and how quickly she is truly coming! Precious outfits, bottles, diapers, baby bathwash, and soft blankies. My mom even got her the pack-n-play we wanted for her. I was shocked and so thankful! We still have quite a few things to get for her, but all the help we got from her friends and family was more than we could ever ask for.
I also made a book for Bella filled with cutesy, girly embellishments on each page so people could pick out their favorit ones, and write a message to little Bella. Going through and being able to read what people wrote. Everyone had their own special message and way of expressing their thoughts to her, but one thing they all had in common is how much they wanted her to know they loved her. An overwhelming sense of joy washes over me each time I look through it.
When the shower came to an end, and people began to leave, I was covered in hugs, kisses, belly rubs, and congratulations. All of these loving and positive words of encouragement just made me feel so proud of becoming a mommy. All of my peers were glowing for me and anxiously awaiting our little arrival. I am so lucky to have a mom and mother-in-law who wanted to throw me such a perfect shower, and give me the opportunity to be celebrated as a mama. My shower is a day I will never forget.

1 comment: